Monday 28 November 2011

TIM. Student Life Images. TASK 6 & 7 & 17. Image and text.

- colour matte.
I added a slight green matte to this image, I think it works well as it brings out the natural colours in the photo. This image I could, would work better from a further distance and a more straight on angle. I would also have changed the in-camera effect to a zoom in and created a warped effect towards the teddy because that would have being a good way to led the eye into the photo and with the teddy being round it would have worked really well.
- coloured vignette effect.
This effect rounds off the photo by matching with the colours within the image, it makes the photo look funky and edgy. I think the image could be improved by framing, taking the image more from a in front of the subject angle and shutter speed so the second subject wasn't blurry due to moving I also would improve it by re-taking the photo so that the second subject in the photo was more aware of it, she looks to spaced out and it doesn't suit the rest of the image.

- cross process.
I think the effect used in this image works well as I think it creates a more modern, funky effect, on the other hand I think "cross process" is a bad effect to use as it can give images an over orange tint, like my image above- This takes the effect of the other colours away. I like the image I took because of the lighting and the shallow depth of field, I think it could be improved by the croping/framing, maybe if more of the bottle was shown it would have being more effective.

- colour boost. (minor)
This image didn't need much of an effect as there was already enough going on within it, which is one of the aspects I like about this image. although I would improve it by making it less messy- I'd rearrange the objects on the table so they wasn't taking too much attention away from the students. The aspects about this image which makes it a strong one is how each student seems to be busy at work, completely focused but their smiling and seem to be in a relaxed, friendly environment. The image shows that in college you can dress how you like and be as different as you like, shows that you need to be hard working but you can still have fun doing so- it just sends off a really good message about the college.
- colour tint.
The effect colour tints have to images depends on which colour you choose for example on my image the bright vibrant blue creates a cool, happy and fun feel to the image where as the toned-down purple/yellow tint gives the image age, detail and a hint of sorrow. I'd improve this image by changing my framing and I'd zoom out abit to get more of the image in.
- Gradient effect.
This effect gives focus on one particular part of the image, shows that the student is not only on "facebook" but there also working which is something the viewer would have easily missed without the effect. I'd improve this image by adding to it's aspects, maybe take a photo of a student on the homepage rather then take an image of the home page.
-Gaussian blurred.
This effect gives the images a much stronger focal point, it makes the image look almost magical or dream- like, it gives the image something extra to draw you into it. I'd improve this image by lowering the exposure this would give more detail to the dark parts of the image and lessen the brightness of the white- making a better contrast.
- vignette effect.
This effect rounds off the image, making the subject clear and can also add flare and class to an image.
it creates a dramatic but soft framing for the image which is aesthetically pleasing.
I'd improve the lighting in this image, make it brighter and I'd take it from a more abstract angle to suggest how frustrating and confusion college work can get and also to make the image more interesting.


Over all I am unhappy with the result of the images- I think I could do them to a much better standard, I may even develop the final images further and submit another set of images to a standard I am happier with. Although my images disappoint me I think they get across student life well, the mix of work and fun is good and each image is full of color and life which was my aim at the time.


The ways I could present my work;


  • Chemical
  • Digital printing
  • Online format; photoshop, Imovie, powerpoint.
I think it would be the better idea to present my work would be in an online format then the work has no chance of getting lost of damaged. It's also cheaper and saves time. Also they'd be no chance of the photos getting cropped in the printing, loosing impact and quality of the images.

I could print of one single image for my final piece or I could print of a number of images...
I think that one image I took, is really strong in narrative and composition so I might very well just use one image for my final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment