Friday 3 February 2012

TIM & TOM. Idea for project. Book Fair Project.

images based/inspired by a song/song lyrics.

You Me At Six- Fireworks:

So this is the end. Of you and me. We had a good run. And I'm setting you free. To do as you want, To do as you please. Without me.

Remember when you were my boat, And I was your sea, Together we'd float so delicately, But that was back when we could talk about anything.

Cause' I don't know who I am, When you're running circles in my head. And I don't know just who you are, When you're sleeping in someone else's bed.

3 whole words and 8 letters late, And that would've worked, On me yesterday, We're not the same , I wish that could change, But it can't.

And I say your name, And in the same breath, I say something that I'll grow to regret. So keep your hands on your chest. And sing with me. That we don't wanna believe.

Cause' I don't know who I am, When you're running circles in my head. And I don't know just who you are, When you're sleeping in someone else's bed.

So its true what they say, If you love someone you should set them free. Oh its true what they say, You went and throw it away.

I don't know who you are. I don't know who you are.

Cause' I don't know who you are, When you sleep with somebody else. Cause' I don't know who I am
When you're sleeping with him.

Its true what they say. You went and throw it away.

Bring Me The Horizon- Don't Go:

I was raised in the valley, There was shadows and death, Got out alive but with scars I can't forget.
This kid back at school, Subdued and shy. An orphan and a brother and Unseen by most eyes.

I don't know what it was that Made a piece of him die, Took a boy to the forest, Slaughtered him with a scythe.

Stamped on his face,An impression in the dirt,Do you think the silence, Makes a good man convert?

We all have our horrors , And our demons to fight, But how can I win when, I'm paralyzed? They crawl up on my bed, Wrap their fingers round my throat. Is this what I get for The choices that I made?

God forgive me for all my sins, God forgive me for everything, God forgive me for all my sins. God forgive me.
God forgive me.

Don't go, I can't do this on my own. Don't go. No I can't do this on my own, Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night. I can't live with myself. So stay with me tonight. Don't go. Don't go.

If I let you in, You'll just want out. If I tell you the truth. You'll vie for a lie. If I spill my guts, It would make a mess we can't clean up. If you follow me You will only get lost. If you try to get closer, We'll only lose touch. But you already know too much And you're not going anywhere.

Tell me that you need me cause I love you so much. Tell me that you love me cause I need you so much. Tell me that you need me cause I love you so much. Say you'll never leave me cause I need you so much.

Don't go. I can't do this on my own. Don't go. No I can't do this on my own,
Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night. I can't live with myself. So stay with me tonight

Don't go. I can't do this on my own. Don't go. No I can't do this on my own. Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night.I can't live with myself.So stay with me tonight.

Don't go.


Biffy Clyro- Many of Horror;

you say you love me boy, I know you lie. I trust you all the same, I don't know why.

'Cause when my back is turned, My bruises shine. Our broken fairytale, So hard to hide.

I still believe it's you and me 'til the end of time

When we collide we come together, If we don't we'll always be apart, I'll take a bruise I know your worth it, When you hit me hit me hard.

Sitting in a wishing hole, Hoping it stays dry, Feet cast in solid stone. I've got Gilligan's eyes.I still believe it's you and me 'til the end of time.

When we collide we come together, If we don't we'll always be apart, I'll take a bruise I know your worth it. When you hit me hit me hard.

You said love was letting us go against what
Our future is for...

Many of horror.
Our future's for many of horror.

I still believe it's you and me 'til the end of time.

When we collide we come together. If we don't we'll always be apart. I'll take a bruise I know your worth it. When you hit me hit me hard.


Another idea I had based around this song lyric idea was to do a mix of lyrics from a bunch of my favorite songs, all sad ones so that the set would still fit together.

The lyrics(from the songs above) I'd choose to do inspired images from are:

"Our broken fairytale, So hard to hide."

"If I let you in, You'll just want out. If I tell you the truth. You'll vie for a lie. If I spill my guts, It would make a mess we can't clean up. If you follow me You will only get lost. If you try to get closer, We'll only lose touch. But you already know too much. And you're not going anywhere."

"Remember when you were my boat, And I was your sea, Together we'd float so delicately."

I have decided to do images based on the song 'Fireworks' by You Me At Six because I feel that this song is the most powerful out of the three and it means the most to me, I feel it will do the best job at portraying the narrative I want.

The narrative I want to portray is like someone who's recently lost a loved one, goes on a walk by themselves and sees these images as they go- the song "Fireworks" (a beautiful song about a relationship ending) is being threaded through the images as the viewer looks further through the soon to be book. Basically I want the set of images to be a journey that someone takes through a hard time- when they feel alone and lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment