Monday 8 October 2012

TASK 3. First Fear Assignment Shoot.

I pretty much wanted all my images for this project to be in portrait format(although I've took one composition in landscape); a wanted a mix of images where you have to search the image for Slender and images where it's obvious where he is- I wasn't sure about how I wanted them to be edited though so I've had an experiment with the first shoot images.
(These images aren't defiantly going to be used or edited in the ways shown, I was just experimenting with how I wanted the images to look and feel.)

first edits; 

I thought that the way I edited the images originally didn't make them look like a set so I've edited them the same in different ways so that look like a set.

second edits; 
(a really light, grainy black and white and cropped into a more rectangular portrait shape.)

After a mini Critique with one of my teachers and three of my class mates I have decided that I'm going to keep the images in colour like I originally planned because when the images are in colour it makes it more real and something that's realistic is scarier then something that looks fake or tacky - although I thought the black and white made the images look more like a set, on the other hand it takes away from the realism of them and makes them look dull and compared to the colour images uninteresting; something about them being black and white just didn't feel right- it worked better on some images then it did other and over all I wasn't truly happy with the b/w effect on them, thus a tough but good decision to keep them in colour. I'm doing another shoot of images and then I shall pick my final images overall for the set to present in the installation.



No comments:

Post a Comment