Thursday 15 November 2012

Zine & Video Zine Assignment; TASK 2.

Proposal...

For the both the zine and video-zine Assignment I've chosen to do my project on the local upcoming band; Escape Is Not An Option. Last year I did a documentary project on them which I will use some of the images from, but I've also taken some new photos on a location shoot with them which will be the mainly used images in the zine projects. For the zine I will do a relevant(musically themed) front cover page, a double page spread that will have an exclusive(written by me) on the band plus my images,  I will interview one or two of the members in the band and have quotes running throughout the articles and I will also have an advertisement in the zine for their upcoming gig in December. For the video-zine I will create a musically themed video title, I will include the article I wrote in the zine within my video-zine, I may present it by using a creative video though for a more artistic spin on it, I will video interview one or two members of the band and put the clips within the zine either before or after the article, I may have facts about the band and images of the band popping up as the interveiw clips play too. And I'll also have an advertisement for their upcoming gig in the video-zine as well. 

Extra Ideas;
-I could create a mini music video for them. 
-I could make them a website/blog as well as the zines.
-I could do a 12 page magazine filled with all these different forms of marketing media. - (If I do a 12 page or around 12 page sized magazine I'll have to print off the inside of the magazine in college and possibly get a front cover and back cover in gloss because it'll be too much money to get the full book glossy.)
-I could create CD album covers, merchandise ideas, poster ideas. 

The article on the band could include information about the band(when they started, how they met, where they rehearse etc), it could include facts about their songs(whats the inspiration behind them, funny stories about any of them), it could include some stories about things they've had to put up with to get where their going and funny stories they have with each other. I could do another article reviewing their past live performance/s. I could have other pages such as lyric pages, their different set lists. 

Schedule; 
11th of November:  Location shoot with band.
12th of November: Edit and pick final images.
13th of November: Research about magazines for task 1.
14th of November: Write about found magazines for task 1.
15th of November: Complete task 2, finish off task 1 & start task 3?
19th of November: Write article on band. Do lots for task 3. Make band advertisement, CD cover, posters for task 4(computer made.)
20th-30th of November: film video interview for task 4.
26th of November: Task 3. Go over all task see if anything needs improving/ adding to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment