Tuesday 13 September 2011

'Street Photography'

Street Photography is a technique of photography where the photographer goes out and captures photos of people on the street trying to capture interesting things happening.

I set my camera in manual mode and I had to keep changing the ISO and aperture as the sun kept going behind the clouds and changing the way the photos looked.

The technique I had first used was looking around for interesting people and stories that I could out with their scenario of what they were doing or what emotion they were expressing, then as I went on I decided to change my technique and try to capture photos without being noticed by putting the camera in front of my chest with my finger ready on the shutter button and walking so that when people got close enough I would press down and take the photo and this got quite a good result. The other technique I used with help from Becky is asking people to stop and if we could take a photo of them which worked well too for the most part.


This photo I took whilst I was walking up the street, I was proud of how close up I managed to capture this photo and how I managed to do it at the right time as the color contrast and similarity within the picture are perfect. The Pink of the woman on the left's clothes and the pink of the bad, the old woman in the background and the pink in the little girls outfit link well together and the blues in the photo also do the same. I'm proud of this photo as I managed to capture I casual natural photograph without having the people in the photo pose, they themselves didn't know it was happening and I didn't know how it would turn out and I was happily surprised with the result myself.


- Rebecca asked this couple that was walking past if we could take a pitcure of them and they accepted the request. I really liked this interestingly dressed couple, they seemed to have their own unique style and I love how the setting of where we stopped them happened to contrast brilliantly with what they were wearing- the man's red top fits amazingly with the red of the shops behind and the black square of color in the middle contrast a great amount with the dark colors their wearing and the red in the picture. unfortunately the wind came at the time I captured this photo and blow into the mans face, other than that I really love this photo.


Today we went around town and took shots of people in the streets, trying to capture photos that tell a story and/or photos that show something really interesting happening. We started off in one location and captured some shots, the best ones I took are shown below, I edited them when I got home and also shown are the final result of the edit.





I took this photo because the woman within the photo, was sat outside a hospital crying on the phone.
there could be many stories attached to this picture, but all involving some form of bad news and a the woman being in distress unable to contain her emotions. I edited the photo so that the color had being darkened and "drained" from it, signifying that her world had lost its beauty as this bad news had destroyed it, also the darkness of the photo makes the tone of the photo itself more saddening. I created a depth of field by softening the background of the photo making sure the photos main focus was on the woman. I also think how the car in the background is frozen in a blur is a good connotation to how the world was still going on around the woman obvious to the news shes received.

I took another shot but this time with the hospital's ward name in the frame, this is shown below too, edited the same way just without the depth of field.















No comments:

Post a Comment